- Free Online Storage – Who Provides It?
- Cheap Cloud Storage
- Best Automatic Online Backup
- The Truth Behind Unlimited Online Storage
- Is Cloud Storage for Linux Available?
- What to Expect from Dropbox for Business
- Cloud Storage Security and Its Importance
- External Hard Drive vs. Online Storage
- Cloud Storage for Mac
- Android Cloud Storage Apps
How Much Do You Know About Automatic Online Backup?
The importance of backing up data is not lost on most computer users. Yet, only a few of them actually make the effort to create backup for their data on an external hard drive or online. The main reason behind this is that they don’t have the time to constantly carry out this process from time to time. After all, it is highly unlikely that you will stop saving files, music, movies or pictures. As the volume of data increases, so does the need for it to be backed up. The ultimate solution in this regard is using automatic online backup.
How Automatic Online Backup Works
Automatic online backup works in pretty much the same way as routine online storage. The only difference is that the manual input required is next to nil. Once you have set up the automatic online backup service, you won’t have to tweak or change it anytime soon. The data you save on your hard disk is backed up to your online cloud without prompting you. All you have to do beforehand is set a period after which the data will be backed up automatically.
Usually, people choose 15 days or a month between each backup. However, if you are constantly updating your files, you can set the automatic feature for every day or two. This is more in line with the needs of businesses. As they keep on creating new files and documents and need to store them safely, automatic cloud storage will ensure that no file is ever missed. This also takes a load off personnel as they won’t face the heat when their systems crash down.
Factors to Choose the Best Service
If you’re interested in automatic online backup and wish to select an app that provides it, there are a few great suggestions you can go for. However, before getting to those, you should know what makes up the right service for you.
The storage provider should have flexible plans so that you can alter the amount of space you have been allocated based on your needs. It is recommended that you start off slow and then increase your storage space according to your requirements. However, remember that the more space you choose, the more you have to pay for it. So, calculate how much space you’ll need beforehand to get the right package for you.
Online data security has been a matter of concern for both individuals and businesses. After all, no one wants a random stranger to be able to hack into your cloud and view your files. This is why it is imperative that you go over the security features offered by each automatic online backup service before making your decision.
Over the past few years, Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) has taken off. Most employees bring their smartphones and tablets to work. Since they are bringing their devices, it makes sense to carry out tasks like file sharing on their devices to speed things up. For this, you have to ensure that the automatic online backup service you choose has an app for platforms and operating systems used by everyone at work.
Perhaps the most important of all factors is the quality of customer service providers have to offer. Since you are saving valuable documents and files to the cloud, you need to have constant support. Automatic online backup isn’t a 9 to 5 gig. The files can be updated and uploaded at any time of the day or night. Unless the service offers round the clock customer support, you might not be able to deal with problems that may occur with the automatic online backup service.
Suggestions for Automatic Online Backup Services
Now that you know what to focus on while shopping for these services, here are the top three providers you should consider.
- Dropbox – Dropbox is perhaps the most popular of all online storage services you can find. It offers real-time synchronization and unlimited storage space. You even get 2 GB of storage space free of cost once you sign up and earn more space through referrals.
- Google Drive – Any Google product is a force to be reckoned with; the same applies to Google Drive. Google Drive is the successor to Google Docs and a revamped version that provides cloud storage to its online editing features.
- Box.com – Box is the best automatic online backup service in terms of security. It is one of the robust solutions out there and an ideal cloud storage solution for business and enterprise level users.
Now that you know about automatic online backup and how you should choose this service, why not start hunting for the perfect one for you? You have the top three suggestions and the information you need to shop around. So, don’t let anything to chance and back up your files today.