- Free Online Storage – Who Provides It?
- Cheap Cloud Storage
- Best Automatic Online Backup
- The Truth Behind Unlimited Online Storage
- Is Cloud Storage for Linux Available?
- What to Expect from Dropbox for Business
- Cloud Storage Security and Its Importance
- External Hard Drive vs. Online Storage
- Cloud Storage for Mac
- Android Cloud Storage Apps
Everything You Should Know About Android Cloud Storage Apps
Given the option, the average person would want to have their important files, pictures, favorite movies, music and more in their Android phone. This can be a little tricky to pull off considering the fact that mobile devices have limited storage. However, you don’t have to worry about this aspect anymore as you can use cloud storage to make room for everything you need without affecting your device’s memory.
How Cloud Storage Works?
The data you backup to a cloud is saved virtually. Therefore, it takes up no space on your smartphone or any other device you are using. Cloud storage providers also offer different packages in terms of storage space. You can select as voluminous a package as you want.
In many ways, cloud storage is similar to an external hard drive. The only difference is that you don’t have to connect any devices to your phone to access the data you have stored on your cloud. However, that isn’t the standout feature of Android cloud storage apps.
These Android apps offer real-time synchronization. As soon as you save a file in the root folder, the file is synchronized to your cloud. Then, you can use the app to access the content whenever you feel like it. Even files that you upload to your cloud through a computer or any other device will be available on your smartphone through your cloud storage app.
Why Go for Cloud Storage for Android
You probably have so many apps to optimize the memory of your smartphone or Android device. So you may be questioning why you should consider downloading and using a cloud storage app. However, there are numerous benefits of using Android cloud storage apps, such as:
- The Ability to Carry All Your Data With You – This is the ultimate form of portability. You don’t have to get home to use your computer to look for a file you need. You can simply access your cloud through the app on your Android phone.
- Easy Sharing of Files with Friends and/or Colleagues – This makes photo-sharing much easier than waiting for the pictures you clicked to upload to a social network. The same goes for work-related files. You can easily share them with your colleagues even when you’ve left the office yet haven’t reached home. This improves your performance and ensures the satisfaction of your employers.
- Boosting the Efficiency of Android Devices – You don’t have to use up your phone’s memory to save content. One of the drawbacks of Android mobile devices is that they get slower if a substantial chunk of the memory is used up. Through cloud storage, you can backup all your data online and keep your phone clear. This will boost your device’s speed for sure and improve your user experience.
Best Android Cloud Storage Apps
There is no dearth of cloud storage apps for Android. A simple search in the Play Store will enable you to discover all the cloud storage apps. However, not all of them are made equal. Here are the best ones:
Dropbox is to cloud storage what Google is to search engines. It is Dropbox that got the ball running and is now the dominant force in the cloud market. Dropbox was the first cloud storage app launched for Android devices. Most other cloud storage providers have adapted the features and service offerings of Dropbox for their apps.
There are a number of great features that make it easy to use. Another benefit of this Android friendly app is that it also offers real-time synchronization. So you can use it simultaneously on multiple devices. Moreover, you get free storage up to 2GB, which you can upgrade for a monthly fee.
Check out our review for Dropbox.
Google has remodeled its Docs app and changed its name to Google Drive. The main change made to Docs is the addition of cloud storage service. Given the fact that Google made Android, this app is designed specifically to work on Android devices. It offers the best compatibility of all the Android cloud storage apps you will find in the Play Store.
Check out our review for Google Drive.
SkyDrive is Microsoft’s cloud storage service. You can upload all your data to the Microsoft servers through the SkyDrive app. It also allows you to share files and photos with ease. To further organize your data, the app has an option to create or delete folders. However, the best feature of the SkyDrive app for Android is the interface. The metro-style interface is visually appealing and easy to use.
Check our our review for SkyDrive.
Now you know everything there is to Android cloud storage apps, how they work, why they’re important and which ones to use. So if you want to get more content on your smartphone or tablet but are running out of space, download and install one of these apps and you are good to go.